INSTRUCTOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When you sign up to become an instructor on the Skillcomvalley platform, you agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions cover details about the aspects of the Skillcomvalley platform relevant to instructors and govern your use of the Skillcomvalley platform.
The following Terms and conditions also apply to ‘Teen instructors’
1. INSTRUCTOR OBLIGATIONS
Send us a letter of intent to become an instructor, including, industry and areas you will cover. Please mail letter to email@example.com
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, assessments and projects (“Full Course Suite“). Plagiarized Courses are prohibited.
You shall also provide a brief instructor’s profile to accompany your courses and a head shot photograph of you.
Each of your courses must contain the following, which will serve as your Full Course Suite.
- Course Title
- Sub title
- Course Feature Image
- Course material or workbook if available
- Problem Statement
- Course Synopsis
- Course Promise
- Key Topics to be covered
- List of Lessons under every Topic
- Quiz to engage Course participants
- Assignments to encourage hands-on participation.
- And we highly encourage Course Project per course.
You will ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry globally such as Quality Videos, Audio, Animation, Power Point etc.
OTHER SUPPORT SERVICES FOR INSTRUCTORS ON SKILLCOMVALLEY INCLUDES:
- Video Hosting and Protection: Instructional videos on YouTube are often stolen and pirated at a loss to instructors. This is why we have provided a dedicated course archive to protect Instructors videos. Such service requires extra charges of 15% per course. You only pay after course sale.
- Course Promotion and Marketing: Despite the quality to your courses, courses success is dependent on marketing and promotions to convert. However, this is a complex and overwhelming arena for instructors struggling to balance between, personal life, career and course creation. Again, Skillcomvalley can help you market and promote your courses at a 20% charge per course. You only pay after course sales.
- Course Design and Production, Course material Research, Development and Publishing: Instructional design and production, as well as Course Material Research, Development and Publishing can be overwhelming but it is rewarding in the long run and worth investing in. This is what separates your courses from millions of others in the market. (You can contact these numbers for more information +234 7039836630, +234 8136799440 +234 8036126128)
You represent and warrant that:
- You will provide and maintain an accurate account information;
- You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, permissions, and authority to authorize Skillcomvalley to use your Full Course Suite as specified in these Terms and Conditions;
- Your Full Course Suite will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- You have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Full Course Suite and use of the Services; and
- You will ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or content; or
- abuse Skillcomvalley resources, including support services.
2. LICENSE TO SKILLCOMVALLEY
You grant Skillcomvalley the rights detailed in these Terms and Conditions to offer, market, and otherwise exploit your Full Course Suite. This includes the right to add captions or otherwise modify Full Course Suite to ensure accessibility. You also authorize Skillcomvalley to sub-license these rights to your Full Course Suite to third parties, including to students directly and through third parties such as resellers, distributors, affiliate sites, deal sites, and paid advertising on third-party platforms.
Unless otherwise agreed, you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Full Course Suite from the Services at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, Skillcomvalley’s right to sub-license the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the Full Course Suite’s removal.
However, (1) rights given to students before the Full Course Suite’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access) and (2) Skillcomvalley’s right to use such Full Course Suite for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record and use all or any part of your Full Course Suite for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Skillcomvalley permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Full Course Suite, or Skillcomvalley’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. TRUST & SAFETY
You agree to abide by Skillcomvalley’s Trust & Safety policies, Restricted Topics policy, and other content quality standards or policies prescribed by Skillcomvalley from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the platform is subject to Skillcomvalley’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
Skillcomvalley reserves the right to remove content, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- An instructor or content does not comply with our policies or legal terms (including the Terms and Conditions)
- Content falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- An instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on Skillcomvalley or bring Skillcomvalley into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- An instructor who engages the services of a marketer or other business partners who violates Skillcomvalley’s policies;
- An instructor uses the platform in a way that constitutes unfair competition, such as promotion of their off-site business in a way that violates Skillcomvalley’s policies; or as determined by Skillcomvalley in its sole discretion.
4. CO-INSTRUCTORS AND TEACHING ASSISTANTS
The Skillcomvalley platform allows you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for the Full Course Suite that you manage, and you are required to comply with our Co-Instructor Relationship Rules and Guidelines when taking such actions. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your Skillcomvalley account and Full Course Suite.
Violations of Skillcomvalley’s terms and conditions by your co-instructor or teaching assistant may also impact your Skillcomvalley account and Full Course Suite. Skillcomvalley is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users. If your co-instructors have an assigned revenue share, their share will be paid out of your earned revenue share based on the ratios you have specified in your Course Management settings.
5. COURSE PRICING
You are at liberty to price your course based on your discretion and goals. However, you need to note that Skillcomvalley, charges a 20% commission for using our Learning Management System (LMS) platform.
REMITTANCE OF COURSE SALES:
Skillcomvalley remits course sales to instructors every 30-day cycle. There are several reasons for this, the critical ones include:
- Industry standard Policy requires for a 21-day guarantee to solve refund requests.
- Course purchase come in different currencies, therefore require different processing time lines by our payment processing vendors (Flutter wave, Paystack and PayPal) to clear. 30 days provides an ample time to clear any irregularities.
- Course Purchase handling, commissions and remittance require time to process for now until we launch our “self-host package” for instructors.
You give us permission to share your Full Course Suite for free with our employees, with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access to accounts who have previously purchased your Full Course Suite. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
If you opt into any of the Promotional Programs, the relevant revenue share will be different.
Skillcomvalley is not responsible for your foreign currency conversion fees, wiring fees, or any other processing fees that you may incur. Your revenue report will show the sales price and your converted revenue amount (in USD).
You acknowledge and agree that students have the right to receive a refund, as detailed in these Terms and Conditions. Instructors will not receive any revenue from transactions for which a refund has been granted.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s Full Course Suite.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish;
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your Full Course Suite available on Skillcomvalley or your participation on Skillcomvalley; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your Full Course Suite or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
9. DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your Full Course Suite, your name and that Full Course Suite may remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us via our Support Center.
10. UPDATING THESE TERMS
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Skillcomvalley reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our platform after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms and Conditions shall supersede all previous Terms and Conditions.
Any version of these Terms and Conditions in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our Support Team. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.